Question: Setting up a tty stream in SysV

Sean Casey sean at ms.uky.edu
Wed Nov 22 04:08:38 AEST 1989

I'm designing an application that uses the Micom TCP/IP socket library
under sysV 3.2. This library uses poll(2) to emulate the berkeley
select call. Unfortunately, poll only selects on streams file
descriptors, and I want to include a tty file descriptor in the select
list.

So I guess the only way to do this is open the users tty as a stream.
Does anyone have an example or hints on how to do this? The streams
documentation is terrible, and I'd like to get this done within a
week.

Thanks,

Sean

--
***  Sean Casey          sean at ms.uky.edu, sean at ukma.bitnet, ukma!sean
***  Copyright 1989 by Sean Casey. Only non-profit redistribution permitted.