TECO and 'make love' (was Re: How do you tell a wizard?)

Woodrow Baker woody at rpp386.cactus.org
Tue Nov 21 00:52:03 AEST 1989

In article <7108 at hubcap.clemson.edu>, hubcap at hubcap.clemson.edu (Mike Marshall) writes:
> In the same vein as:
>
> An editor I once had to use in some ancient PC environment used to
> respond to "et" with "phone home"...
>
> -Mike             hubcap at clemson.edu

A Fortran compiler on the old XEROX Sigma-6 computer would look for an
equated label of the name "jail" and if it found it , it would stop compling
and printout "go directly to jail, do not pass go, donot collect $200."
and then keep on merrily humming along.  Never did find out where in the
compiler that was stored.....

Cheers, Woody