How do I get "filec" to work on a pty?

Ian "Wildebeest" Flanigan flan at ai.wustl.edu
Sun Apr 8 01:36:51 AEST 1990

Hello wizards!

I'm having trouble getting the C-shell "filec" flag to do its thing
correctly on a pseudo terminal.  I open the pty and set the mode to be
~(RAW | LCASE | CBREAK) and (FF0 | ECHO | CRMOD).  Now the terminal opens
just fine and the csh attached to it works normally except for when I type
a line like:

ls /usr/bin/a^D

Then it gives me the directory listing, but neglects to re-print or even
remember the line that I've typed so far.  Now when I use escape like:

ls /usr/ucb/whoa^[

the name is completed, but the whole line is forgotten, <POOF!>.

Does anyone know what I can to to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Ian Flanigan

flan at ai.wustl.edu              "You can never have too many napkins."
wucs1.wustl.edu!ai!flan at uucp