Automatic login script execution

Paolo Ventafridda venta at i2ack.sublink.org
Fri Apr 13 06:46:44 AEST 1990

>In article <780 at barsoom.nhh.no> tholo at barsoom.nhh.no (Thorsten Lockert) writes:
>>schriste at uceng.UC.EDU (Steven V. Christensen) writes:
>>>Can anyone point me to a login.c replacement which causes a global
>>>.login file to be executed first? I assume I would place a "source ~/.login"
>>>as the last line of this global file.

What's wrong with putting a custom program in place of /bin/sh (or
whatever) inside /etc/passwd ?
All this program has to do is executing the shell as usual, at the
end of its job. Am i missing the point? Sorry if so.

Paolo

--
Paolo Ventafridda - Milano, ITALY  |  INTERNET: venta at i2ack.SUBLINK.ORG