need to access argv, argc without using main( argv, argc )

Michael Pilling Dr Chocberry bigm at batserver.cs.uq.oz.au
Sat Apr 14 16:26:21 AEST 1990

I have a assert routine that I keep as a separate .c file and it contains
only one externabally called procedure
	assert( expression )

Which does nothing if expression is true and aborts if it is false
giving the line #, file and expression that caused it to fail.
Unfortunately, this is not always enough. Sometimes failure depends on
the arguments given to the program.

I would like to be able to access the argument list from within the
assert function, but still be able to compile assert separately and
not change its arguments. Is there any portable way to do this.
I hope there is some external variable that one can access.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Michael

--
Michael John Pilling,		 Phone: +61 7 377 2956
Computer Science Department,     "Creamy Suntan, colour that