How to toggle process tracing from a shell script.

Tony Rems c164-dm at ophelia.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 9 20:38:40 AEST 1990

I hope this question isn't too light for you wiz's out there, but
I have a csh script in which I'd like to implement an option to
turn on tracing output of stdin, stdout and stderr for all processes invoked
and then be able to turn it off.  So, what I want is something like 'script',
but script won't do it since it forks a copy of the csh and tee won't trace
the output of the invoked programs like 'gcc'.  Any ideas on how I can trace
all the streams would be greatly appreciated.  Please respond to this
account and/or post responses to comp.unix.wizards.

Thanks in advance.

-Tony