Possible bug in SunOS System V echo?

David Curry davy at sparkyfs.istc.sri.com
Wed Apr 11 01:16:55 AEST 1990

In article <35818 at cci632.UUCP> tvf at cci632.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) writes:

>I have a better idea - why not just build an echo that understands all the
>Berkeley and System V stuff?  I don't like the idea of adding another switch
>to a widely used program that puts you into "System V mode" or some such.
>It becomes too tempting to do the same thing to all the other incompatible
>commands.

It's been done.  See PD2:<UNIX-C.UTILS>ECHO.TAR-Z in the UNIX-SW archives
on WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (do the FTP in "tenex" mode, not "image" or
"binary" mode).  It's written by David MacKenzie <edf at rocky2.rockefeller.edu>.

It's also in the comp.sources archives somewhere; check your copy of the

Dave Curry
UNIX-SW Moderator
DCURRY at WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL