filenames with a '/' -- help

Gregory S. Baber gregb at dowjone.UUCP
Tue Jan 9 07:28:44 AEST 1990

Hello,
	I moved some files from a Mac to a NeXT using a GatorBox,
and then took the NeXT off the network. Some of the files that were
on the Mac had a '/' as part of the actual filename. How do I delete
these from the NeXT now without reconnecting to the network? When I
try to delete the files by hand, the shell responds with "file does
not exist" because it interprets the '/' as a directory indicator.
I even tried to double quote the filename to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks, gregb

--
Reply to: Gregory S. Baber		Voice:	(609) 520-5077
   Dow Jones & Co., Inc.		UUCP:	..princeton!dowjone!gregb