Need a Tape Drive Hardware guru

Ira Rampil rampil at cca.ucsf.edu
Tue Jan 9 08:12:36 AEST 1990

It was a classic story.  A friend was using a kennedy clone
streaming tape on a PDP-11 to record lab data.  The original
drive 'disappeared' and now he needs to read his old tapes.
He has another Kennedy drive but it can not read most of the
tapes - we hypothesize a relative head misalginment.

Is there anyone out there with the requisite skill to retrieve
the data.  It is worth BIG bucks to my colleague!

Any clues, hints or vectors would be much appreciated!
Thanks,

Ira Rampil, MSEE, MD
Dept of Anesthesia
Univ. Cal, San Francisco