VI && Unix Questions Archive]

ARDEC|mike drears at BRL.MIL
Fri Jan 12 05:55:23 AEST 1990

  About 10 days ago I wrote:

  >Don:
  >
  >   If you or anyone else is interested I have developed a 6 hour
  >course for vi that I use for teaching vi.   It's free to anyone who
  >wants it.  Just email me and I will send it.  It's in ascii format
  >with FF as page separators.
  >  I also have an email course based upon the MMDF mail system.
  >
  >Dennis

    I have received many failed mailed messages while trying to send out
these courses.  All four of my courses are now available by anonymous
ftp.  They are on vgr.brl.mil.  They are located in pub/courses.  the
following is the README file I have placed in that directory:

DATE 11 Jan 89

    Hi.  This directory contains the files for all my courses.  Below is
an explanation for all of them:

README - The file you are reading.

READMETOO - Info about the courses.

course.tar - A tar file for the vi, mmdf mail, mmdf advanced mail, and
basic course.

---
vi.txt - The complete vi course.

vi.tar - A tar image of the vi course directory structure.  Each
directory is a chapter of the course.  Each page is a file itself.  Run
makevi to make the current version of the course.

---

email.txt - A basic mmdf course.  Includes how to use send & msg.  The man
pages for (send, msg, maildelivery) should be added to the end of this
file.

email.tar - A tar image of the email course directory structure.  Each
directory is a chapter of the course.  Each page is a file itself.  Run
makevi to make the current version of the course.  A portion of the
course (411) talks about a localized command.

---

tailor.txt - A course that explains how to tailor the files:
.msgrc, .sendrc, and .maildelivery.  A MMDF mail course.

tailor.tar - A tar image of the tailor course.

---

unix - A short basic unix course.  I have only taught this a couple of
times.  I am no very proud of it as it need to go through several
revisions.

unix.tar - A tar image of the course.
---
			Dennis G. Rears
ARPA: drears at ac4.pica.army.mil   UUCP:  ...!uunet!ac4.pica.army.mil!drears
AT&T: 201-724-6639		 USPS:	Box 210, Wharton, NJ 07885
Work: SMCAR-FSS-E, Bldg 94, Picatinny Ars, NJ 07806
ALternates:   drears at brl.mil
	      drears at pilot.njin.net