IBM 3174 terminfo

Tom Littauer littauer at uts.amdahl.com
Wed Jan 3 05:53:30 AEST 1990

In article <38801 at jplgodo.UUCP> deutsch at jplgodo.UUCP (Michael Deutsch ) writes:
>Do you have a terminfo file for the IBM3174 terminal??

That could be tricky. The 3174 is a terminal controller, supporting a range
of half-duplex block-mode 327x and 317x terminals. The only UNIX\(tm I've
every heard of that supports these as inbound terminals is our UTS\(tm and
we ship a terminfo entry.

The 3174 will also make these strange terminals pretend to be various async
terminals via terminal emulation. In that case, use the terminfo entry for
the emulated device. Note that you can't use the async feature over SNA/SDLC -
you have to have a parallel network.

Good Luck
Tom Littauer
UUCP:  littauer at amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ames,uunet}!amdahl!littauer
DDD:   (408) 737-5056
USPS:  Amdahl Corp.  M/S 278,  1250 E. Arques Av,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086

I'll tell you when I'm giving you the party line. The rest of the time
it's my very own ravings (accept no substitutes).