Talking to a modem

Michael T. Sullivan sullivan at aqdata.uucp
Fri Jan 5 10:39:02 AEST 1990

A question from a company that doesn't have a source license so we can't
find out from that.

We need a program that will allow a user to talk to a modem through Unix,
much the same way as one would via "cu -l ttyxx" (don't ask me why we can't
just use cu, I don't know).  Sending to the modem is easy, it's the reading
that seems to be the problem.  The program just isn't reading what the
modem is sending back.  How exactly does a process go about reading from
a character device?  Any help would be mucho appreciated.
--
Michael Sullivan          uunet!jarthur.uucp!aqdata!sullivan
aQdata, Inc.