How to device driver in Motorola sysV68 r3V5 machine.

KENG%NUSEEV.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu KENG%NUSEEV.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Tue Jul 10 22:54:09 AEST 1990

I have written a device driver for the motorola sysV/68 r3V5 machine.
However, I am not sure of the steps to install my driver inorder to test
it.
So far I have done the following steps :

1) compile my driver source code using cc -c -DINKERNEL pn80.c

2) mknod /dev/pn80 c 66 0

3) Archive the driver object code from step 1 to file
    /usr/src/uts/m68k/cf/lib.io  .

4) invoke sysgen -d.  Specify the driver specifications: create interrupt vec
   Has a stream handler, address, bus request level etc.

5) Step 4 will create a description file for the device. Invoke sysgen to
   rebuilt the kernel.

 At this moment I encounter ld error. undefined symbols in low.o .
 My device driver prefix is pn and the undefine symbol is pnintr.
 I have named an interrupt service routine pnintr() but it still gave me
 error.
 My suspicion is that the loader has not accessed the pn80 driver code.
 Is there some compiler options that I have left out in step(1).

 My next question is how can I assigned more than 1 interrupt vector name to one
 device. My hardwire card generate four interrupts. I can only get one interrupt
 vector name by using sysgen although I specify size of vector = 16.

bye and many thanks in advance !
                                                      keng at nuseev.bitnet

PS. Can anyone  tell me how to access comp.sys.m68k.