Linking shared X windows libraries

George Petrou georgep at cscnj.UUCP
Tue Jul 3 05:45:06 AEST 1990

I am  trying to link a shared X windows library under UNIX/386 Sys. V
version  3.2.2 with a very small X windows test program.
The loader responds that the archive symbol directory for the
library is too large. I have rebuilt the archive symbol directory.
I even deleted some files from the archive and rebuilt the archive
symbol directory.
I then attempted to relink but the link failed again with the same
error message. In general, what could be wrong when a loader gives
an error of this type ? What am I doing wrong here ?
Any hints, pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
	George Petrou.
--
---------
George Petrou  Computer Sciences Corporation