measuring hit rate on the buffer cache

kseshadr at quasar.intel.com kseshadr at quasar.intel.com
Wed Jul 18 03:09:26 AEST 1990

I had posted this a couple of months ago, and I got no responses whatsoever.
I'd like to measure the hit rate on the buffer cache of a VAX 6410 fileserver
running Ultrix 3.1b. Is there any easy/difficult way of doing this? Or even,
is it unreasonable to want to measure this?  I'm interested in improving
file server performance by optimizing the size of the buffer cache.

Hope to get more responses than the last time around :-)

Kishore Seshadri