Unix v10

Richard Stevens stevens at hsi.UUCP
Wed Jul 4 20:58:36 AEST 1990

>In article <10926 at alice.UUCP> doug at alice.UUCP (Doug McIlroy) writes:
>	The two-volume set may be ordered directly from the publisher
>	for $45 total;
>
>Does anybody know whether they accept credit card orders?

I sent in a check for $45 and received my set a week ago.  (The set
is great, by the way.  I hope some of the software described in there
eventually finds it way into the hands of people outside of Bell.)

But ...  Saunders is now trying to charge me $72.75 for the set,
not $45 as Doug McIlroy posted.  They're charging for each manual
separately, plus postage and handling, plus local sales tax.
I haven't had a chance to call them yet to try and straighten this
out, so I can't say if they really plan to sell the set for $45
or not.  Just be aware that you might get a bill after you get
your manuals.

Also, there is a toll-free order number: 1-800-782-4479,
0830-1700, Eastern time.

	Richard Stevens
	3M Health Information Systems, Wallingford, CT
	   stevens at hsi.com