Reserving Space on Disk - Enough already

Istvan Mohos istvan at hhb.UUCP
Thu Jul 19 04:38:06 AEST 1990

lm at snafu.Sun.COM (Larry McVoy) writes:
>Can we please get this drivel out of unix-wizards?  Take it to
>unix-questions where it belongs.  Please.

Not to anger the great wizard, but the simplest solution of keeping
"this drivel" out of comp.sources.wizards would have been a preemptive,
authoritative answer to the first poster, about how to reserve disk
space without writing to the disk.

Because this is certainly not a "frequently asked question" and neither
does it appear to have an obvious answer (in fact no real answers were
forthcoming from anyone here), I for one, did think the question worthy
of the attention of this august newsgroup.  Apparently, my boundaries
of the imaginary "domain of wizardly topics" are in need of revision,
and I'd like to know if you could share your list of such topics that
receive your blessing.
--
        Istvan Mohos
        ...uunet!pyrdc!pyrnj!hhb!istvan