Ego stroke for y'all (was point & click question)

Brian Aslakson aslakson at cs.umn.edu
Sat Jul 28 09:28:16 AEST 1990

Well I canceled my post re a point & click way to use unix.
It was pointed out very nicely that comp.unix.questions was the
group.  Apparently I missunderstood comp.unix.wizards as being
access to wizards, not wizard questions.  Anyway, in spite of
revising 2-3 times, my last post was pretty, uh, viperous, and
not very clear.  (I wanted something at 2400 baud from at home,
something like dirmagic.com and dm.com from (ugh) PC magizine).

I didn't mean to put unix or y'all down, I realize that DOS is
limited, and Macs are nice but can't do the same things a big
ol' unix box can.

Most of the replys predicted flames, but none came.  Everyone was
very nice, mature, et al.  I'm impressed.  (Of course I'm used to
talk.bizzare, and a certain comp.sys.mac. group which made my kill
file bulge).  I'll go post to c.u.questions, as soon as I organize
my thoughts on exactly what I'm looking for.

Brian Aslakson
Macintosh related:  mac-admin at cs.umn.edu
All else:  aslakson at cs.umn.edu