wanted - pointers to system tuning docs/metrics, capacity planning

Marcus J. Ranum mjr at decuac.DEC.COM
Tue Jul 31 23:45:39 AEST 1990

	I'm trying to locate documentation on performance tuning UNIX
machines, as well as capacity planning information. Even anecdotes like
"make your swap 3 times your physical memory" are interesting, though
it'd be really nice to know where such rules-of-thumb originate. I
realize that the answer is "it depends" - I'm trying to generate a
dependency list.

	(please e-mail directly, I'll save/forward/summarize on request)
mjr.