more information about "login procedure"

Tommy Hsieh yhsieh at cadence.cadence.com
Fri Jul 13 08:52:28 AEST 1990

  I have more information about the login procedure.  I logined root first
then I tried to use another window to login as a normal user.  At the same
time I use "finger" command to see what happen to the user.  It gave me the
following messgae :

    Login name: yhsieh                      In real life: Tommy Hsieh
    Directory: /mnt3/yhsieh                 Shell: /bin/csh
    On since Jul 12 15:46:01 on ttyp7 from cds719
    1 minute 22 seconds Idle Time

  What causes the login process "idle" ?  Strange !!

I    Tommy Hsieh              I    Cadence Design System, Inc.     I
I    (408) 987-5285           I    3393 Octavius Drive             I
I                             I    Santa Clara, CA 95054-3082      I
I    mail address :                                                I
I      yhsieh at cadence.com                                          I
I      ...!{versatc,apollo,ucbcad,uunet}!cadence!yhsieh            I