Can my alter-ego use "at"?

Hershel Belkin belkin at teecs.UUCP
Wed Jul 4 06:46:22 AEST 1990

Thanks to all who responded.  A few responses indicated that they
could do a newgrp to the new group, then run "at" and then newgrp back,
and have the "at" job run under the alternate environment.  This does
not work on my system -- the newgrp always takes the uid/gid from
the passwd entry for the user.

However, another proposed solution _does_ work...

	newgrp group << \!
	...script to be
	   executed under
	   alternate gid ...
	!

The above can be put in a script file and run using "at".

(I had tried re-direction of stdin, but of course simple re-direction
from a file  belongs to the current shell, so this doesn't work!
The above solution seems so obvious now :-)