Reserving Space on Disk

Istvan Mohos istvan at hhb.UUCP
Wed Jul 18 22:47:32 AEST 1990

cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
:istvan at hhb.UUCP (Istvan Mohos) writes:
:>    if (write (fd, malloc(FOURMEG), FOURMEG) != FOURMEG)
:>        perror("malloc or write error"), exit (1);
:
:While I know this is just an example & is not intended to be a
:suggestion of what to do, I just have to comment on it to ensure
:that some impressionable engineer doesn't think this is a
:good thing to do.

The original question from markd at silogic.UUCP (Mark DiVecchio)
produced no net responses for a week; just thought I'd stick a
twig of controversy into the flames and watch the sparks fly :-)

--
        Istvan Mohos
        ...uunet!pyrdc!pyrnj!hhb!istvan