ftp from a file list, how?

Joachim Holzfuss xphyhofu%DDATHD21.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Fri Jul 20 00:56:38 AEST 1990

Hi, is there any wizard out there being able
to shed some light on this?

I have to ftp files automatically from a directory,that grows permanently.
(Yes it's on a vms-vax).
Wat I did was:
ftp> mget file.*
ftp> mdelete file.*
with the result, that files ariving between both calls get
deleted by mdelete.

Now there is
ftp> ls file.* inlist
which I could use, but I can't do:
ftp> mget "/bin/cat inlist"      (works for ls file.* "more" )
or something like (using a macdef)
ftp> $transfer file.*           (no globbing possible)

Seems like ftp doesn't like me. Any good ideas?

== J. Holzfuss             BITNET: xphyhofu at ddathd21.bitnet ==
== IAP, TH Darmstadt         unix:   hofu at chaos  (130.83.3.1) ==
== Schlossgartenstr.11       VOICE:  06151-162884             ==
== 61 Darmstadt, FRG                                          ==
(!)
If I let go a hammer on a planet having a positive gravity,
I need not see it fall to know that it has, in fact, fallen.
    -- Spock, "Court Martial," stardate 2948.9.