^Z (shl) and clists -- thank you

Bob Peirce #305 rbp at investor.pgh.pa.us
Fri Jun 1 05:39:16 AEST 1990

We have had a mail problem here and many of you who responded to
my questions by mail never got the thank you I sent.  I especially
want to thank Guy Harris whose help with raw versus icanon solved
my problem.  In fact I was able to do the following:

	system("stty -echo -icanon min \01 time \00 swtch^Z");

which worked fine.

On the clist problem, I got the answer from Altos customer support
who suggested I look for a modem echoing modem stuff back to the
port.  I had had this problem before at the getty level so I knew
jst where to look.
--
Bob Peirce, Pittsburgh, PA				  412-471-5320
...!uunet!pitt!investor!rbp			rbp at investor.pgh.pa.us