SEX! or, how do I mail to a lot of unix users?

Bill Campbell campbell at Thalatta.COM
Thu Jun 7 00:20:00 AEST 1990

In article <3198 at sactoh0.UUCP> jak at sactoh0.UUCP (Jay A. Konigsberg) writes:
>In article <900531083151.30e0b91a at Csa2.LBL.Gov> thermal%solgel.hepnet at CSA2.LBL.GOV writes:
>>I would like to be able to send a mail message to all the users on
>>a unix machine.  Of course, I could do it the long way, that is,
>>do a 'finger' or 'who', thus getting a list of all the users, and
>>then sending a mail message to each, one at a time.  Is there a
..deleted

This idea seems like just another way to create junk mail akin to
the COWABUNGA bullshit that is happening around the net now.  It
would seem a politer way to do this would be to mail to
postmaster at machine and then the postmaster could handle
distribution.

The idea of bulk-mailing on the internet makes Morris's worm seem
benign.
--
....microsoft--\                    Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-entropy----!thebes!camco!bill 6641 East Mercer Way