Trap types

Ed Carp erc at lia
Wed Jun 13 08:00:47 AEST 1990

In article <239 at wybbs.mi.org> voorst at wybbs.mi.org (Dale Van Voorst) writes:
>I am running SCO Xenix 2.3.2 on a 286 box and I've been receiving
>the following message every few days.
>
>Trap 000D in system
[...]
>prtrap: PANIC: general protection trap

This is the result of a wild pointer reference in the kernel.  I've seen this
when the swap area gets trashed.  If kernel memory got trashed, it might do the
same thing.

Make sure that the programs you are running as root aren't trashing memory
or disk.
--
Ed Carp - N7EKG/6           ercwork at khijol     [work]  (415) 769-5435/5400
                                erc at khijol     [home]  (415) 523-0528