remote printing on System-V

Mark Warren mwarren at mips2.cr.bull.com
Mon Jun 4 22:29:20 AEST 1990

We have a mixture of systems here, some running BSD's lpd, and others
stuck with System-V lp.  I would like to be able to use the System-V
printers remotely, but there is no requirement to go the other way, that
is, the Sys-V machines need not send files to remote printers.  I will
port the public domain lpd replacement if necessary, but I would prefer
to get a simple daemon on sys-V that will accept BSD lpr style requests
and insert them into the existing sys-V style queues.

Has anyone done such?
--

 == Mark Warren                      Bull HN Information Systems Inc. ==
 == (508) 671-3171 (FAX 671-3020)    300 Concord Road     MS820A      ==