boot procedure in SunOS 4.0.3

esanchez ESANCHEZ at udlapvms.pue.udlap.mx
Sat Jun 9 10:28:32 AEST 1990

	Hi Unix Wizards, I have a little question for you.
In a sun workstation during the boot procedure I am surprised
because the behaviour of the rc.local script. The problem is
that I have attempted to add some commands at the bottom of
the rc.local script to mount some File Systems from a server
for its client machines. That is something like this:
####
#begin rc.local
(stuff ignored)
if [ -f /usr/etc/rpc.pwdauthd -a -f /etc/security/passwd.adjunct ]; then
	rpc.pwdauthd &		(echo -n ' pwdauthd')	>/dev/console
fi
				(echo '.')		>/dev/console
#
# Build the link-editor fast directory cache.
#
if [ -f /usr/etc/ldconfig ]; then
	ldconfig; (echo "link-editor directory cache")	>/dev/console
fi
# begin added lines
mount sun_8:/home/users /home/users
mount sun_8:/home/sun4files /home/sun4files
#end of rc.local
######################
	The surprise is that nothing happens!! The mount directories are
not mounted!!
	Of course, I've tried to include these directories in /etc/fstab
to mount them, but for some reason the order in which they are placed
affect the results, it is to say, if the /etc/fstab dir is:
### begin fstab file
sun_8:/export/root/sun_2 / nfs rw 0 0
sun_8:/export/exec/sun3 /usr nfs ro 0 0
sun_8:/export/exec/kvm/sun3 /usr/kvm nfs ro 0 0
sun_8:/export/share /usr/share nfs ro 0 0
sun_8:/home/sun_8 /home/sun_8 nfs rw 0 0
#sun_8:/export/crash /var/crash nfs rw 0 0
#### end of fstab file ######

	and I add the extra directories to be mounted at the begining or at
the end, they are not mounted, I guess because the order in which are mounted,
for example, if /home/sun3files is tried to be mounted first, there is not
the mount point the do it.
	What do you can say about this?

	I have solved the problem adding the extra mount commnads in the
/etc/rc.boot file, but I am afraid... Is there any problem?