TSR type appls

Clifford C. Skolnick cliffs at suntrek.Central.Sun.COM
Fri Jun 29 06:35:30 AEST 1990

In article <23762 at adm.BRL.MIL> ssds!clayc at uunet.uu.net (Clay Calhoun) writes:

>My dilema is, I'm not sure which application will be controlling the
>I/O.  If he starts his "TSR" and shoves it in the background - will
>it still have access to the I/O coming from the keyboard once he
>starts the application he wants to use?

I would recomend you study the source code to a program called "screen"
which will give you the functionality of multiple sessions on a dumb,
well not too dumb, terminal.  I hope your system has pty's :-).

			Cliff
   Cliff Skolnick - Technical Consultant                  cliffs at east.sun.com
           [I only work for Sun, I do not speak for them]

         "The floggings will continue until morale improves"