Question about RCS check-in

Ralph Finch rfinch at caldwr.water.ca.gov
Sun Jun 17 02:59:52 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun16.011650.29099 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>In article <558 at fltk.UUCP> dnb at fltk.UUCP (David Buonomo) writes:
>>The problem is that the modification time on the source file changes when the
>>check-in occurs.

>The big question is "Why are you checking in source files that haven't
>changed?"

He probably isn't.  Others have checked out the file, made changes,
and checked it back in.  The makefile detects that the ,v file has
changed and proceeds to check out his unchanged version again, and
recompile.  Does GNU make avoid this problem?
--
Ralph Finch			916-445-0088
rfinch at water.ca.gov		...ucbvax!ucdavis!caldwr!rfinch