time dependent login

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Wed Jun 13 04:04:19 AEST 1990

>That's not the point.  I think you are responding to someone whose
>suggestion was to make the home directory owned by root and
>*unreadable* and *unwritable* to the user.  The question is, would
>*this* prevent a login?

No.  I just tried it, and it dumped me into my current directory; I
still had search ("execute") permission on it.

In fact, making the home directory owned by root and unreadable,
unwritable, *and* unsearchable by the user *still* doesn't prevent a
login!  I tried it, and it just dumped me into "/".