How to divorce a process from the controlling tty (was syslogd.c)

John T Kohl jtkohl at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 12 05:32:17 AEST 1990

In article <11388 at pixar.UUCP> bp at pixar.UUCP (Bruce Perens) writes:

> Here's how I would divorce a process from a controlling tty. Feel
> free to criticize and correct this:

> 	count = NFDS;

Modern Unixes have a call to tell you the # of file descriptors:

	count = getdtablesize();

--
John Kohl <jtkohl at ATHENA.MIT.EDU> or <jtkohl at MIT.EDU>
Digital Equipment Corporation/Project Athena