FORTRAN I/O channel => file descriptor..how??

A JETSON News User chee13h at elroy.uh.edu
Tue Mar 6 04:36:13 AEST 1990

	Hi, I am porting a FORTRAN application to the DG AVION unix system and
have run up against this problem. The FORTRAN(alas!) compile supplied by them
doesnot provide the fortran channel to file descriptor conversion. I need this
desperately to use the file locking mechanishms. Can anybody suggest a way to
hack an implementation to achieve the above??

	I have come up with the following solution ::

	Convert the filename to an inode using stat() and try to access the
file descriptor table and search. However, how do I access this table? I donot
seem to find a functional interface to this table.

thanks

ashok
chee13h at jane.uh.edu