Xenix ps:seek error HELP !!!

Bob Willey bob at consult.UUCP
Wed Mar 28 01:15:46 AEST 1990

In article <863 at ocsmd.ocs.com> motti at ocsmd.ocs.com (Motti Bazar) writes:
>I have a very big problem. A few days ago, when doing ps on my machine
>(ALR 386/25, 4MB mem, 300MB hd, Telebit TB+) I got the message
>ps:seek error. If I boot the machine its ok but a day or so later
>it comes again. The machine is running Xenix 386 2.3.1 with SCO TCP
>(wd8003 controller). I think I remember something posted about here in
>the past. Any help will be thanked a lot !!!
>uunet!ocsmd!motti

This is a known problem in SCO V2.3.1
Several things you can do:
1. Upgrade to 2.3.2 (works fine then)
2. There is a patch (available via anonymous uucp)
   available from SCO for 2.3.1 to correct this problem

You are not going crazy, it is a real problem.
But very easy to correct.

   ... uunet!consult!bob ...