rules for RCS in make

Mark Galassi rosalia at max.sunysb.edu
Fri Mar 16 03:22:16 AEST 1990

[]

Does anyone have a rule for make, so that any .c file will depend
on an RCS/file.c,v and it will be generated with "co file.c"?

I can do it by hand, for every .c file, but I would much prefer to
have a rule.  Unfortunately the rule cannot be a simple one like
the .c from .o rule, because of the RCS/ prefix.

Many thanks from someone who is NOT a make expert.
--
    {These opinions are mine, and should be everybody else's :-)}
	Mark Galassi		rosalia at dirac.sunysb.edu
	rosalia at mozart.UUCP	rosalia at sunysbnp.BITNET