Dr David G Korn to speak at SVNet

Evan Bigall evan at plx.UUCP
Tue Mar 6 03:17:15 AEST 1990

In article <14020085 at hpisod2.HP.COM> decot at hpisod2.HP.COM (Dave Decot) writes:
>> Under the title of "The Good, the Bad, and
>> the Ugly", Dr. Korn will discuss programming style.
>
>Not to discourage people from attending, necessarily, but has anyone
>ever tried to read the ksh sources?

ksh was not (I believe) written from scratch, it was based on sh.

sh contained some of the most notoriously bad sources in all of unix.
This has lots to do with it being very old, devloped in the infancy of
c and unix.

It is fairly remarkable how much punch it packs per line though.

Evan

PS: I am not an old timer, but I belive all this to be true
--
Evan Bigall, Plexus Software, Santa Clara CA (408)982-4840  ...!sun!plx!evan
"I barely have the authority to speak for myself, certainly not anybody else"