Xenix ps:seek error HELP !!!

Russ Kepler russ at bbx.UUCP
Fri Mar 23 09:59:50 AEST 1990

In article <863 at ocsmd.ocs.com> motti at ocsmd.ocs.com (Motti Bazar) writes:
>I have a very big problem. A few days ago, when doing ps on my machine
>(ALR 386/25, 4MB mem, 300MB hd, Telebit TB+) I got the message
>ps:seek error. If I boot the machine its ok but a day or so later
>it comes again. The machine is running Xenix 386 2.3.1 with SCO TCP
>(wd8003 controller). I think I remember something posted about here in
>the past. Any help will be thanked a lot !!!

Here's a file from SCO that will take care of both of the folks
posting today with this problem:

List of SLS files available for transfer using UUCP

UUCP Connection information:

Machine name: sosco

Phone numbers: (408) 425-3502 (300-2400 baud)
	       (408) 429-1786 (9600 baud Telebit)

Login name: uusls   (forth character is the letter "l" rather than numeral "1")
No password

Below is a list of the Support Level Supplements available for UUCP
request in the directory /usr/spool/uucppublic/SLS.  The files ending
in .z have been reduced in size using the SCO XENIX pack(C) utility.
These files must first be unpacked using unpack(C).  Files ending
in .ltr are the cover letters and installation instructions for
the corresponding Supplements.  The cover letters assume you have
received the Supplements on diskette.  To install a Supplement, you
must first transfer it to a diskette using this procecure:

    1. Request UUCP to transfer to your system the SLS file and cover
       letter file for the desired supplement.  When issuing the UUCP
       command, do not use wildcards or the ~ (tilde) character, as
       they will result in a "PERMISSION DENIED" error message.  Also,
       be sure that the user "uucp" has write permission on the destination
       file and directory, and UUCP is allowed access to the destination
       directory by your local /usr/lib/uucp/Permissions file.

    2. Expand one or both of the files as necessary using unpack(C).

    3. Format a diskette that is large enough to contain the
       supplement file.

    4. Use the dd(C) command to transfer the supplement file to the
       diskette.  For example, if the supplement file is "xnx102" and
       is in the /usr/spool/uucppublic directory on your system, and
       the diskette is a 5.25-inch, 360K, the command would be:

           dd if=/usr/spool/uucppublic/xnx102 of=/dev/fd048ds9

        Substitute the appropriate device name for "/dev/fd048ds9" if
	transferring to a diskette of another capacity.  However, always
	use the block device.  The diskette must be formatted using
	the format(C) command before the data can be transferred.

     5. Follow the installation instructions given in the cover letter file.

[some text deleted]

File name       Size(bytes)	Description

[deleted text]

xnx120.z           36527        ps seek Supplement
xnx120.ltr          1164        version 2.3.0 - 2.3.1     n386

[more deletion]