The *ART* of Computer Programming

Jim Harkins jharkins at sagpd1.UUCP
Wed Mar 7 11:32:13 AEST 1990

In article <EMV.90Mar2161110 at duby.math.lsa.umich.edu> emv at math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) writes:

>My "one time" programs tend to be 80 characters or less and are
>generally written as shell pipelines or perl one-liners.
>
>--Ed

These are the worst, I find that 6 months later I spend more time trying to
figure out how to use that 1-liner I left laying around than it would take
me to write another to do the same thing.  The original assertion stands.

--
jim		jharkins at sagpd1

"My hope is that we can use tariffs to force Japan to open their markets to
 imported goods.  My fear is I'll be forced to buy lousy American made stuff."