Trouble Booting a 750

Kenneth H. Jacker khj at uncecs.edu
Wed Mar 7 00:03:30 AEST 1990

Hardware:       VAX-11/750;  RA80 & RA81

I've spent the last few days building a new tahoe system (in a separate
partition on the RA81) using our current 4.3BSD.  I was able to boot
tahoe (sort of), but when I've tried to reboot our 4.3 system I repeatedly
receive the following:

        : ra(0,0)vmunix
        ra: open error, ONLIN

Of course, the ONLIN suggest something like "drive not online".  So, I
powered the CPU & drives up and down twice, but still am receiving the
same message.

I'd look at the source to unravel the message, but I can't boot the system.

If anyone can give me an idea of exactly what it is complaining about,
I'd be most appreciative!

Kenneth H. Jacker               Domain:   khj at ecsvax.uncecs.edu
Dept of Math Sciences           BITNET:   khj at ecsvax
Appalachian State Univ
Boone, NC  28608