Multiple /etc/init's

nesman at inmet.inmet.com nesman at inmet.inmet.com
Thu Mar 29 03:14:00 AEST 1990

We also have many init process running on a SunOS 3.4 system.  At the same
time we have noticed that there no getty's running on the ALM ports.  Our
conclusion (since the tty's do function) is that these init's are waiting
for the tty's to look "alive".  We have a port selector between the terminals
and the ALM which may prevent this until a terminal is actully connected.
Once the terminal is connected apparently the init exec's getty which exec's
login which is the way init should work.

Stephen Nesman					nesman at inmet.inmet.com
Intermetrics Inc.
Cambridge MA 02138