Suppressing uugetty on port while dialing out

Jay Dawdy dawdy at mnss.UUCP
Thu Mar 15 01:04:54 AEST 1990

Situation: In /etc/inittab, have uugetty on port with respawn and -r -t60
options.  This needs to be so.  I want to dial out on port with a terminal
emulation program.  In pgm, I open lockfile with O_CREAT, O_EXCL, and O_WRONLY,
write to it, close it, and reopen it.  After sending init and dial strings to
modem, uugetty intercepts 'cr' from modem and starts login on port.

Problem: How do I keep uugetty from starting login?  It seems to me that if cu
can do this, than I should be able to also. Thanks in advance,
							Me
							708-576-6698