Standard Shells On System V.4

Chris Calabrese cjc at ulysses.att.com
Fri Mar 16 06:15:51 AEST 1990

In article <8704 at xenna.Xylogics.COM> loverso at Xylogics.COM (John Robert LoVerso) writes:

> Encore's UMAX4.2 (loosely based upon 4.2BSD) included the BRL
> version of the SysV3.2 /bin/sh.
> Actually, ksh appears to be the 1985 version (which is about the time when
> the BRL shell was incorporated into UMAX4.2).  Oops.

My understanding (as told by Dave Korn) is that early beta's of sVr4
had whatever ksh Summit happened to have on hand.  The official
release includes ksh88 (I think revision D).
--
Name:			Christopher J. Calabrese
Brain loaned to:	AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ
att!ulysses!cjc		cjc at ulysses.att.com
Obligatory Quote:	``Anyone who would tell you that would also try and sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.''