uid administration

David D Kaas ddk at lanl.gov
Fri Mar 9 12:18:13 AEST 1990

	Our site has a CRAY xmp, a large UNIX mini and several
dozen workstations.  My department currently only has administration
control over the CRAY, mini and a SUN used as an ftp gateway, but we
expect this to change in the future.
	We now administer the user-names/uids across the machines
manually but would like to centralize this.  We would also like
to add to this control of hostnames, ip addreses, NQS host names etc..
We know of yellow pages but have heard that it has some security holes.
What is available?  What do other sites use?

Thanks in advance

Dave Kaas
Boeing Computer Services Richland
D. O. E.