SV driver locks on splx

Michael DeCorte mrd at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
Fri Mar 2 07:00:29 AEST 1990

I have a Motorola VME 147 (6U VME, 68030, V.3) and am writting a
driver for a National Instruments GPIB-1014 (IEEE-488 with 68450 DMA).

The 488 is using interrupt level 4 with interrupt vector 0x220.

in the strategy routine I go to spl6, set up my interrupt, do a few
printf for debugging and while doing them the 488 board writes the
data to the 488 bus and generates an interrupt(checked with a scope).
When I do my splx (with the value returned by spl6) the kernel gets
stuck in some function called disp.  The interrupt routine is not
called, nor is the strategy routine completed.  It also appears that
the interrupt priority mask in the status register is still at 6.

Any ideas what might be going wrong?  If not what is disp?

thanks

Michael DeCorte // H215-546-0497 W386-8164 Fax386-8252 // mrd at clutx.bitnet
2300 Naudain St. "H", Phil, PA 19146 // mrd at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
Clarkson Archive Server // commands = help, index, send, path
archive-server at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
archive-server%sun.soe.clarkson.edu at omnigate.bitnet
dumb1!dumb2!dumb3!smart!sun.soe.clarkson.edu!archive-server