Dr David G Korn to speak at SVNet

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Thu Mar 8 10:14:53 AEST 1990

In article <14020085 at hpisod2.HP.COM> decot at hpisod2.HP.COM (Dave Decot) writes:
>> Under the title of "The Good, the Bad, and
>> the Ugly", Dr. Korn will discuss programming style.
>Not to discourage people from attending, necessarily, but has anyone
>ever tried to read the ksh sources?

Yeah, I know what you mean.  It could, however, still be that DGK has
things to say that are worth hearing.  An analogy would be BWK's code
found in DWB software (e.g. "pic") that uses type punning and so forth,
quite against the good advice he gives in his books.  (I asked him
about this, and he came up with an excuse, but I don't buy it.)

Our motto: "Do as I say, not as I do."