Help!!!

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.umd.edu
Thu Mar 8 21:25:05 AEST 1990

In article <22682 at adm.BRL.MIL> HTIKOS at grad.cis.temple.edu writes:
>This is in reply to the user with the "-files.doc" problem.
>A sure-kill way of removing this file is to make sure that there are no
>files with a "*.doc" extention in that current directory.  Next, all you
>must do is type the following :
>	rm *.doc

It would be nice if people would test their answers before posting them.
It would also be nice if people would read the monthly `frequently asked
questions, with answers' answers before posting incorrect answers.

	% mkdir t; cd t
	% touch ./-files.doc
	% ls
	-files.doc
	% rm *.doc
	usage: rm [-rif] file ...
	% ls
	-files.doc
	% rm ./-files.doc
	% cd ..; rmdir t
	%

I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out why `./-files.doc'
keeps `rm' from complaining about the leading `-'. :-)
Domain:	chris at cs.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris