(none)

woodb!scsmo1!don at cs.umd.edu woodb!scsmo1!don at cs.umd.edu
Wed Mar 7 12:38:05 AEST 1990

To: mimsy!brl.mil!unix-wiz
Subject: sort

To: woodb!mimsy!brl.mil!unix-wiz (Unix Wizards List)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 90 16:27:02 CST
From: don at scsmo1.UUCP (Don Ingli)

System AT&T 3b2/400
os AT&T unix sys V 3.2

I have a file where all the fields are seperated by a tab.
sort -t(sort character) -o file +5 -6 file

wont work correct... for the testers- the second field is a name like
Ingli, Don R.

Help??  How do I get sort to recognize the tab??

BTW somehow I think it is substituting the tab for a space..

--
 DON INGLI-United States Department of Agriculture - Soil Conservation Service
 INTERNET: scsmo1!don at uunet.uu.net    PHONEnet: 314!875!5344