process group of tty**

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Wed Mar 28 05:00:41 AEST 1990

>I have a program that needs to be able to send a HUP signal to the
>process group associated with the tty side of a tty/pty pair.

The driver for your serial board, right?

In:

	1) SunOS 4.x;

	2) SunOS 3.x and later, for some value of "x" >= 2;

and

	3) probably System V Release 4

there's an "ioctl" you can do on the master side that causes a signal to
be delivered to the process group of the slave side, namely TIOCSIGNAL.
Its argument is a pointer to an "int" containing the signal value.

If you don't have that, try doing TIOCGPGRP to find out what process
group to which to send the signal.