exceptfds in select(2)

Michael I. Bushnell mike at turing.cs.unm.edu
Sat Mar 24 03:58:40 AEST 1990

The execptfds argument in 4.3BSD is only used to indicate that Out of
Band data is available for reception.  In particular, end of file (and
loss of the channel, which is a special case of EOF) is reported as
availability for reading, and zero bytes will be read, indicating EOF.

	-mib

PS: In fact, that's all it was originally intended to do, anyway.

--
    Michael I. Bushnell      \     This above all; to thine own self be true
LIBERTE, EGALITE, FRATERNITE  \    And it must follow, as the night the day,