Accidentily messed up tar tape...

Herbert van den Bergh hbergh at oracle.nl
Mon May 28 19:37:43 AEST 1990

In article <12910002 at acf4.NYU.EDU> wood at acf4.NYU.EDU (David Wood) writes:

>	Gnu tar has the -i option.  By the way, gnu tar has some very
>	nice enhancements including a multi-volume ability.

Well, I've got some diskettes at home I once created using SCO Xenix tar.
These contain some multi-volume tar files, but seem to be incompatible with
the GNU multi-volume format. I don't have access to a SCO Xenix system any
more, but I'd like to read these multi-volume tar diskettes. Does anybody
know of a tar or some program that can do this for me? Or please mail
me a copy of the tar format of SCO Xenix tar files, so I can write a
program myself.

Thanks,